Best VPS hosting providers
An increasing number of web developers are switching to the utilization of VPS hosting to meet their needs. Virtual private servers feature the best qualities of traditional web hosting services namely the affordability of a shared server hosting solution and high-power performance most common in dedicated server hosting plans.
As the name suggests, a Virtual Private Sever is not a physical server, but a dedicated slice of CPU, RAM, and disk space on a server which may be shared with other organizations and businesses. Unlike the traditional shared server hosting platform, VPS enables customers to enjoy a wide variety of resources in predetermined figures. Although the physical infrastructure is shared by two or more clients, a VPS hosting account enables clients to do whatever they want and optimize performance regardless of the amount of traffic or uplink other clients receives. This means that if you are the only client leasing on one server, you gain the ability of using all available resources.
The Advantages of Utilizing VPS hosting Option
- Cost-Effective: A VPS only uses a small slice or fraction of one dedicated server, thus you can expect VPS hosting plans are cheaper by as much as 50% than dedicated server hosting solutions.
- Unlimited Number of Websites: Clients are given the ability to control and manage an unlimited number of websites as each client is given their own software applications for administration. Shared server hosting options suffer from inefficiency as resources are shared with multiple clients placed on one server.
- High Security: It is rather difficult to secure a shared hosting plan since there are multiple clients in one server. If a security issue such as hacking occurs on one account, the safety of data on other accounts stored in a server will be compromised as well. VPS accounts are isolated from each other, thus it guarantees high security which is commonly found in dedicated server hosting accounts.
- Flexible: VPS hosting accounts enjoy the same features found in dedicated server hosting plans such as:
- Root access
- Customized firewall configurations
- Full management of ports including opening and closing
- Reboot the system at anytime
Clients may also configure the settings of the entire VPS server as they are given full administrator privileges along with their plan. This includes the installation of software and permission to configure applications too.
- High Performance: In a shared server hosting environment, the performance of one account is directly related to how other accounts are utilizing the server. For instance, if one of the accounts in a shared account uploads big multimedia files or sends out hundreds of emails per day, the server will most likely suffer from overloading which in turn may affect the performance of other shared hosting accounts. VPS hosting are independent from one another despite the fact that they are stored under one physical server, thus the resources are dedicated and can only be used by one client alone.
- Scalability: Virtual severs were developed to accommodate websites that receive high traffic which also make use of extensive database applications and resources. Medium to large-scale businesses can utilize VPS hosting solutions if they are geared towards economy without sacrificing quality performance. Users are given the opportunity to upgrade or even downgrade the services rendered according to their needs.
The Best VPS Hosting Providers